Celebrating of Worldwide Breast-feeding Week:
The Worldwide Breastfeeding Week was celebrated in Herat that was organized by BDN (Bakhtar Development Network) Office. A number of provincial health authorities, partners, and stakeholders were invited for the ceremony that was arranged in total of 22 health facilities in the city and district of Herat. The program and plan for celebration was closely coordinated with the provincial health office. On the action side, all health facilities were guided to organize special health education sessions for the visiting clients about the importance of breastfeeding during the week. In addition to that, all CHWs were asked to also organize community based health education sessions focused on the breastfeeding. A number of healthy infants that were exclusively breastfed were identified by the health workers and were presented in the health education sessions as evidence for the benefit of breastfeeding.
- Conducted meeting with the technical team to share experiences and make an ideal decision.
- Conducted meeting with PPHD HRT and shared the prepared plan with them and involved their ideas and recommendations as well.
- Conducting of Worldwide Breast-feeding Week celebration at Provincial level with PPHD, stakeholders, UN agencies and related governmental departments in Regional TB conference Hall.
- In Herat province at all HFs supported by BDN office a comprehensive Health education plan about the benefits of breast feeding was made and implemented.
- A week before started exclusive breastfeeding week in 22 HFs in the city and district of Herat. The health workers there were informed to register all children which are coming to the HFs for screening, MUAC and weighting about nutrition and evaluated, so those children which have exclusive breastfeeding and their age range are between 3 or 6 months and are healthy should title on Healthy Children among the others children.
- Informational banners about this week were prepared for community awareness and installed in different locations of Herat city.
- During the celebration of Exclusive Breast Feeding week one day marked in the specific HFs which on that day we have the representative of PPHD, District Governors, Provincial council members, Key members of community and influential peoples, Management team of BDN HRT office, health workers and clients we participated and also they have their speech regarding this day within the events for those children which identified previously as Healthy Children that Health Card and gifts were provided and distributed then also they were nominated as Healthy Children in the community level and requested from those mothers of Healthy Children to inform and share their children gifts and Health Cards with their neighbors and family relatives which the reason of received this gifts only was that to breast feeding of our children by mother breast milk and nominated our children as Healthy Children at the community and village levels and we are also recommended you to breast feed your children the same of us.
- Other events related the Exclusive Breast Feeding week were held in the HFs level within these events the deputy of PPHD, District Governors and some of representatives of governmental departments were participated and raised their speech regarding the importance benefits of bread feeding as well to the events participants.
For downloading of complete report please click on below links: 1.Baghlan WBFW report 2017